: Five worst outfits you've ever seen on screen.
Hell, I'm just going with media in general. I don't consider myself a fashion expert, but boy, do some clothes rub me the wrong way...
1. Zero from the Shaymin/Giratina movie
. There are a lot
of ridiculous designs in Pokemon. Some of them you get used to. But I was never able to get over how hideous
Zero's outfit is. Oops, I mean costume.
But even if it was meant to be a costume, it fails at its purpose so fucking hard. This was supposed to look like Giratina? Except for the yellow spike thingees, it barely resembles Giratina at all! Yeah, last time I checked, Giratina was a gigantic puke-yellow worm with a couple black stripes on it.
Seriously, if you want to cosplay Giratina, I've seen WAY better from gajinkas.
2. Tetsuo Nomura's designs can be summed up as this: BELTS AND ZIPPERS. BELTS AND ZIPPERS EVERYWHERE. And miniskirts and strips of cloth held together by MOAAAAAAAAAAAR BELTS!!11!1 They're ridiculous, but interesting in a train-wreck sort of way. It makes me glad I quit following the Final Fantasy series after X, though. :P I miss Yoshitaka Amano. :( Though if I had to pick one... this one has considerably less belts and zippers, but Rikku's X-2 outfit makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. The DC reboot of Starfire
, Harley Quinn
, and Amanda Waller
. I know practically nothing of comics, but wow, this is degrading. This isn't just "DUR HUR HUR LET'S TURN THEM INTO SEX MACHINES", this is taking the characteristics of what made those three women so popular, then smashing them to smithereens and spitting on their graves. No wonder people are pissed off at DC. Okay, so my criticism of Waller comes from COMPLETE DESIGN UPHEAVAL rather than her clothes (though yeah, I just love
how it's impossible for her to button up her shirt now), but my point on Harley and Starfire's "outfits" still stands.
4. I was never into Weiss Kreuz, so what little I know comes from mainly Jayden and my sister being a huge fan back in the day. Then I remembered Aya's sweater
. Not only does it not look flattering on him, it's the color of burnt macaroni-and-cheese. I recognize this sweater, and not because it's attractive. Then... the Gluhen designs. Take the members of Weiss, for example. They went from looking like this
. AAAAAAAAAAA MY EYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS.
5. Thank god Ken Penders isn't in charge of the Archie Sonic comics anymore. 'Cause well... look at his rebooted designs for Lara-Su
for his "Lara-Su Chronicles." DEAR GOD THE COLORS. WHY GOD WHY.This post has been crossposted with Dreamwidth at http://shamanicshaymin.dreamwidth.org/21322.html. Pick your poison. Mwoiiiiiiiing~!